Here’s a first look at the DeLorean Alpha5 EV, with its launch edition debuting at the Pebble Beach Concours d’ Elegance in August. The DeLorean Motor Company reveals that its specifications include a range of 300+ miles, a battery of 100+kWh, and electronically limited top speeds of 155 mph. That’s right, unlike the original DMC DeLorean that is powered by a six-cylinder engine, this one is all-electric.
Power comes from a dual-motor setup that sends power to all wheels, enabling it to hit 60 mph in just 2.99-seconds and 88 mph in 4.35-seconds. Pricing is expected to start at $150,000+ USD, with production set to begin in late 2022 or early 2023 at DMC’s San Antonio factory. This official reveal confirms the months of excitement and speculation around the new vehicle, but the company states that there is much more to be learned about the history of DeLorean. The history includes previously unseen logos and rare imagery leading to the Alpha5, which could hint at more announcements from the company. Then there’s Stanford’s driverless DeLorean navigating a Gymkhana course.
Playmobil Back to The Future Delorean
- Head Back to the Future in the iconic, time-traveling DeLorean!
- Complete with working lights and the must-have flux capacitor, the DeLorean is ready to go once Dr. Emmett Brown arrives with the plutonium cores!
- Then the action begins as Marty McFly and the good doctor travel back in time, along with trusty old Einstein. The duo is sporting their 1985 outfits
- Set includes the DeLorean, Marty McFly, Dr. Emmett Brown, Einstein the dog, skateboard, flux capacitor, plutonium cores and case, and lots of other accessories
- Recommended for ages six years and up
The Alpha5 is a representation of the past 40 years of DeLorean. There was this enormous responsibility to make sure we honored the history of the DeLorean brand, but an even greater responsibility in curating its future…I think we did both with the Alpha5,” said Troy Beetz, Chief Marketing Officer of DeLorean Motor Company.