ETH Zurich’s Robotic Systems Lab recently took its ANYmal on Wheels robot to recreate Sylvester Stallone’s training montage from the first Rocky movie, steps included. Why? It was showcased at the International Conference on Robotics and Automation in Philadelphia, which runs from May 23-27. The quadrupedal robot boasts non-steerable, torque-controlled wheels capable of overcoming the trade-off between mobility and efficiency.
The researchers believe that wheel systems like this one offer the solution for many robotic tasks, such as rapid exploration, payload delivery, search and rescue, and industrial inspection. ANYmal comes equipped with batteries for over 2-hours of autonomy as well as various sensory equipment such as optical and thermal cameras. It would fit right in with the waterproof Jueying X20 robot dog.
Segway Ninebot S Smart Self-Balancing Electric Scooter with LED light, Portable and Powerful, Black, Large
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers.
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- Road Adaptive Design : 10. 5″ pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height – 3. 11 – 6. 6 Inch. Operating temperature-14-104°F(-10-40°C)
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems.
Swiss-Mile extends our research of the last five years by deploying a multimodal platform to tackle last-mile delivery challenges and logistics with superior speed, efficiency, versatility and payload capability,” said the researchers.