Photo credit: iDropNews | Parker Ortolani
Parker Ortolani discovered a trademark for “RealityOS” that was submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) back on December 8, 2021 for categories such as “peripherals,” “software,” and “wearable computer hardware.” Despite the trademark being filed by a mysterious Realityo Systems LLC, it could hint at an upcoming AR / VR glasses reveal at WWDC 2022.
For those wondering about the connection between Realityo Systems LLC and Apple, it would be that both of their corporate locations have the same corporate address the latter used during macOS California release names ahead of their launches. As for “RealityOS”, the name was actually referenced by Apple in the App Store in one of their logs earlier this year. Apple AR / VR glasses themselves are rumored to use Sony’s OLED microdisplay.
Meta Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset — 128 GB
- Keep your experience smooth and seamless, even as high speed action unfolds around you with a super-fast processor and high-resolution display. (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Experience total immersion with 3D positional audio, hand tracking and haptic feedback, working together to make virtual worlds feel real.
- Explore an expanding universe of over 250 titles across gaming, fitness, social/multiplayer and entertainment, including exclusive blockbuster releases and totally unique VR experiences.
- Travel universes in blockbuster fantasies, scare yourself witless in horror adventures or collaborate with colleagues in innovative workspaces.
- Come together in incredible social spaces and multiplayer arenas as you take in live events with friends and family, find your new workout crew or join quests with fellow adventurers.