The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online allows players to create their own Pokémon teams, here’s how to play custom decks against AI opponents.
With the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online featuring custom decks, some players may be left wondering how to use them against AI opponents. The TCG Online originally launched alongside Pokémon Black and White in 2011 and brought the Pokémon tabletop game to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS. Players who want to create their own Pokémon TCG Online custom decks can use them in battle with a few easy steps.
Although Pokémon TCG Online is a digital version of the card game, players are actually able to build up their own collection of cards in the app. Trainers who have enough cards can start making their own custom decks using the game’s deck builder feature. After building a custom deck with 60 Pokémon cards, TCG Online players can immediately take it into battle using the game’s “versus” mode, which quickly pairs them off with another trainer.
TCG Online also allows collectors to bring their real-life Pokémon cards into the digital game through the game’s redeeming feature. Physical Pokémon TCG card packs include special code cards, which can be redeemed for digital packs to build custom decks in the versus mode. Not every player wants to play online, though, and instead would rather practice with the game’s computer opponents. Unfortunately, TCG Online has limitations for custom decks. Below is a breakdown of how to play custom decks against TCG Online’s AI mode.
How To Play Custom Decks Against AI In Pokémon TCG Online
While custom decks can quickly be used in online battles, TCG Online players can’t actually use them in the Trainer Challenge AI mode. The computer-simulated matches only allow pre-made theme decks based on official sets such as May’s Pokémon Astral Radiance TCG expansion. Additional theme decks can be purchased in the app’s in-game store. Despite this, there is still a way to use custom decks against AI opponents.
- At TCG Online home menu, click the second green icon at the top, which is an image of three cards.
- Select the “Deck Manager” option button.
- Click the “Create a New Deck” button on the Deck Manager page.
- Select the Pokémon cards you want to be added to your deck by filtering through your collection.
- After having 60 cards added to your custom deck, click the fourth green button at the top is a floppy disc logo, and then click “save” to finish your custom deck.
- Now that your custom deck is created select it from the Deck Creator page. Then, on the right side of the page, click “Test Deck.”
- Players can now play their custom deck against an AI opponent.
While TCG Online players won’t be able to use their custom decks in the Trainer Challenge mode, the workaround is using them in the test mode. Testing the custom deck will allow trainers to play their custom team against an AI opponent to practice with it. The new Pokémon TCG Live game is set to release in 2022 and will replace the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online; hopefully, it will allow players to use custom decks against computer opponents without limitations.
Pokémon Trading Card Game Online is available on PC, macOS, iOS, and Android.
90 Day Fiancé: Tiffany Unveils Glam Transformation After Weight Loss
About The Author